Friday, November 03, 2006

Lazzzzy

Well, Christmas has arrived in London, and by "arrived" I mean that all the shops and cafes (cough, Starbucks, cough) are all decked out. Did you know that the Starbucks here make mini mince pies during the season?? It's insane! I don't even know what exactly a mince pie is, but I plan on acquiring some as Starbucks' are evidently "award winning", and it's 1.50 takeaway for 4 of them.

Anyway, this week has been pretty good-- basically recovering from last weekend! Tuesday, obviously, was Halloween-- it isn't really a big deal here. Mostly a kids holiday, and some people dress up and go to parties, but nothing near what the States do to celebrate. In fact, most people over 10 decided to go as devils, as all I saw was a bunch of horns on peoples' heads.

But whatever, I did not dress up. Instead, Bethany, Andre (another Belmont person here), and I went and saw Imogen Heap in concert in Camden Town, which is where I work. It was amazing, and apparently the largest concert she's ever played! The venue was called the "Roundhouse", and used to be a factory or something. Like I said, the concert was amazing-- she "flew in" on a broomstick just becaues it was Halloween, and at the end, bobbed for apples onstage for some contest. I'd definitely recommend everyone to try and see her concert live, and I really need to buy "Speak For Yourself" now.

So Halloween was pretty fun, albeit not that Halloweenish. Now everyone's jumped to the holiday season. But I'm not ready for Christmas just yet. And besides, the kind folks at my internship are planning on taking me out to one of the "traditional" Thanksgiving dinners some restaurants seem to hold around here! (I know, right? Random). So that's in what, 3 weeks? That'll be fun-- plus, my friend Sarah Deane will be in town so we'll have a blast. (Which reminds me, another friend of mine, Emily Y, is in town this weekend, so hopefully we'll meet up this weekend as well!)

Hmmmm. Oh right, so this Saturday is "Guy Fawks Night". Evidently he is some guy who tried to blow up Parliment or something awhile ago? Whatever the case, everyone celebrates by holding bonfires and watching fireworks. Fun fun times. Diane and I are going to Ashford on Saturday to see Liam, but hopefully we'll be back in time to watch some!

This past week, as the title suggests, has been a bit lazy and tiring and sickly, and I hope next week I'm better about getting up early and running. I haven't done that AT ALL this week, and instead have been sleeping until noon when I don't have class or work. It's so horrible, but since it's freezing in our flat, it's so easy to just stay under the covers. But I will be better about it, starting Sunday! heh.

Can't think of anything else, so I'll wrap this up. I'm at the Starbucks across from the British Museum, so I'm going to go wander around there listening to my iPod for a bit. Laters!